Undermagic

Data Pack Undermagic Beta 32

Hashs

Hashs updated Undermagic with a new update entry:

Bug Alert - Pit Lord not spawning

Due to a bug present in the current public version of Undermagic, as well as every other version after Lunatic difficulty was introduced, the Pit Lord will not spawn unless the difficulty has been changed at least once on the current world. As a temporary solution, change the difficulty to Lunatic and back again to re-enable the spawning of the Pit Lord. A hotfix will come soon.
Read the rest of this update entry...

Hashs

Beta 15

Many balance changes made, reducing the overall grind factor severely:
  • Lesser Demons can now drop sword shards with a lower chance
  • Demons now spawn from Wither Skeletons as well as Ghasts
  • Demonic Steel can now be made in large quantities using sword shards instead of the common drops
Polishing changes made as well:
  • Demon Arms no longer drop
  • When killed by a demon, you do not show up as having been killed with a Demon Arm
No resource pack update is...

Hashs

Beta 16

Plenty of features and fixes:
  • Added Self-Infusion, and the 6 initial infusions: Elemental Limbs, Ironskin, Flame Body, Tolerance, Enderlord, and Draconic Aspect.
  • Added Horses and Donkeys to the Animal Creation rituals. See the guide doc for the recipes
  • Fixed a bug that broke both bosses if you had never changed Undermagic's difficulty on the world
No resource pack update is required for this version.

Hashs

Beta 17

Tweaks to bosses and more:
  • Prismarine shards, nether stars, Pit Lord's Hearts, and Crystallized Blood Essence can now fuel a Blood Chalice.
    • The boss drops provide greatly increased blood over normal drops (100 per star, 200 per heart, 10 per essence).
  • Pit Lord's range at which it teleports you to it has been slightly increased only on vanilla difficulties. It remains the same on Lunatic. Additionally, on vanilla difficulties, it takes 1 second longer to...

Hashs

Hashs

Beta 19

Many changes have been made:
  • Updated to Minecraft 1.15. The pack is NOT backwards compatible anymore. Use an older version (Beta 18 or prior) if you wish to continue playing on 1.14.
  • Added new mobs:
    • Shadebeasts spawn at night rarely in the Overworld, and in large quantities at Shadow Rifts in the Nether. They attack from the shadows, blinding players and teleporting around.
    • The Shadebeast Alpha is a miniboss that spawns when you kill several Shadebeasts. It...

Hashs

Beta 20

New features:
  • New difficulty: Infernal!
    • Infernal difficulty is even harder than Lunatic, and has additional changes that completely revamp the boss fights.
  • New mob: Ender Wyrmlings!
    • Ender Wyrmlings spawn in small amounts throughout the End after the dragon is defeated. They also guard the ender crystals on Lunatic difficulty, and spawn in swarms on Infernal.
  • The Ender Dragon now drops Dragon Scales, which can be used to make armor alongside...

Hashs

Beta 21 - The Abyss Beckons

Undermagic's endgame has been expanded!
  • Added the Abyss
    • New nether biome, spawned with a Crown of Ruin recieved after defeating all 5 progression bosses.
    • Spawns Voidlings, which drop Abyss Shards.
  • New class armors
    • Abyss Knight armor is the most protective armor in Undermagic, and also provides boosts to melee combat.
    • Abyss Ranger armor provides boosts to ranged combat and has stealth abilities.
  • New endgame boss: Shadesull

Hashs

Beta 22

Massive performance improvements have been made this update. And when I say massive, I mean it!

Undermagic should now be much more viable for usage on large multiplayer servers without worry of lag.

Thanks for using Undermagic!

I have a lot more planned for this pack that you haven't seen yet.
My plans going forward are as follows:
  • Add magic weapons throughout the entire progression, and an Abyss armor for them.
  • Add weapons for each class made from Shadesull's drops...

Hashs

Beta 25.0.1

I am pleased to say that I am resuming Undermagic updates on DPC today. It is obvious to me that the DPC team (soon to be rebranded to The Minecraft Hub, which I find much better than Minecrafty) is making changes to improve their systems.

Many changes have been made since the last Undermagic update on DPC. I recommend reading over the guide doc once more to see what has been added.

Hashs

Beta 26 - The Grand Balancing

After several angry complaints from Boomber peaceful feedback reports, I have made several balancing changes. I also took note of some items' kill times on bosses such as Shadesull and the Pit Lord and nerfed them accordingly. Without further ado:
  • Nerfed most mobs, notably both varieties of Demons
  • Nerfed Diamond Piercer, Prismatic Scepter, and Abyss Ranger armor
  • Bugs fixed

Hashs

Beta 27 - The Grand Balancing Part II

Even more new features made to improve the game:
  • Natural Demon and Shadebeast spawns removed
  • Demons reworked completely; they no longer fly, except for a dash attack they perform sometimes. Greaters can also shoot fireballs
  • Demon Towers added to the Nether
  • Shadow Rifts are now permanent and have a little obsidian structure spawn with them
  • The Elder's deathray is now an actual ray