Tinkery

Data Pack Tinkery v0.5

ReLapis

ReLapis submitted a new project:

Tinker - Tinker's Construct in datapack form, now with Smelteries!

Yes this is inspired by Tinkers' Construct, and I really couldn't think of a better name than Tinkery. Please support that mod here: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/tinkers-construct

Improve your tools by adding materials onto them!
Customise durability, modifiers and enchantments!
Extra added effects such as Force feeding and step-incline.
Custom durability mending.
30+ Attributes so far, more to come!
New ways to create Elytras and Trident!
A multi-block...
Read more about this resource...

Hashs

Looks amazing! I was a huge fan of the old Tinker's Construct, and this looks like a good take on it in datapacks. Does this support adding custom materials using addons?

ReLapis

Looks amazing! I was a huge fan of the old Tinker's Construct, and this looks like a good take on it in datapacks. Does this support adding custom materials using addons?
Yes you can do it
If you look inside the tinkery_data folder, everything inside of that folder is called from function tag groups, which can be called in every datapack that uses those function tag groups. That folder includes all crafting, all attributes, blueprints, smelter recipes (input, output, fuels and alloys), book making, and tick handling.
All of these things are pointed from the tinkery_data/tags/functions. I would suggest looking in that folder for the specific tag you want to find (i.e. adding a new smelt item is tinkery_data/tags/functions/smeltery/smelt.json, and casting is tinkery_data/tags/functions/smeltery/create/{cast_type}.json). Follow the chain of commands from those to add new recipes.

Hashs

Yes you can do it
If you look inside the tinkery_data folder, everything inside of that folder is called from function tag groups, which can be called in every datapack that uses those function tag groups. That folder includes all crafting, all attributes, blueprints, smelter recipes (input, output, fuels and alloys), book making, and tick handling.
All of these things are pointed from the tinkery_data/tags/functions. I would suggest looking in that folder for the specific tag you want to find (i.e. adding a new smelt item is tinkery_data/tags/functions/smeltery/smelt.json, and casting is tinkery_data/tags/functions/smeltery/create/{cast_type}.json). Follow the chain of commands from those to add new recipes.
That’s quite cool! Thanks for responding.

ReLapis

ReLapis updated Tinkery with a new update entry:

Now with Steel tools and Arrow Modification!

- Fixed items being deleted in custom guis
- Steel Tools!
- Custom texture for each wood type for main 5 tool types
- Main 5 tool types can now be upgraded to diamond level, though they will keep their original durability and damage.
- You can now created tipped arrows in the modifier. These can be made from any of the currently existing vanilla potions, as well as some extra craftable ones
- There are also some custom arrows you can make too, such as explosive arrows, lightning arrows, and...
Read the rest of this update entry...