Seasons

Data Pack Seasons 2.0

willcifer

Hi, command /function seasons:advancements/calendar
gives you a calendar?
but its just a shiny piece of paper named Calendar, what does it do/does it have any functions?

Le Codex

Hi, command /function seasons:advancements/calendar
gives you a calendar?
but its just a shiny piece of paper named Calendar, what does it do/does it have any functions?
The function seasons:advancements/calendar does give you a calendar, but it's meant to be triggered by the crafting recipe. The way you get it is by crafting it like a map, with a clock in place of the compass. The way you use it is by placing it inside an item frame: it will tell how many days are left until the next season ^^

HotPocky

I love your datapack so much, and so do my friends, but we agree that there's something missing. What do you think of light-producing blocks giving off heat? It shouldn't be too difficult, especially if each one has an entity attached to it, and these modify the heat score by a set amount based on range. If you can instead set it based off light level, then that gets around the radial heating through walls issue that this suggestion presents.

Le Codex

I love your datapack so much, and so do my friends, but we agree that there's something missing. What do you think of light-producing blocks giving off heat? It shouldn't be too difficult, especially if each one has an entity attached to it, and these modify the heat score by a set amount based on range. If you can instead set it based off light level, then that gets around the radial heating through walls issue that this suggestion presents.
I said in the last major update that I was kind of done with this datapack, but I will consider it. 1.15 added a way to test for light level so I could use it, although it may not allow me to differentiate ambient and artificial light :/ I'm not going to get into it right away, and I can't give you an exact moment I'm going to, but I'll keep the idea for when I'll go back to it ^^

HotPocky

I said in the last major update that I was kind of done with this datapack, but I will consider it. 1.15 added a way to test for light level so I could use it, although it may not allow me to differentiate ambient and artificial light :/ I'm not going to get into it right away, and I can't give you an exact moment I'm going to, but I'll keep the idea for when I'll go back to it ^^
if you like, i could do some testing of my own and pm you the results

Le Codex

It would be perfect if trees could change its leaves colour in certain season! thx for a good datapack!
Sorry, but datapacks don't actually allow to do that... At least not in an efficient manner that would permit normal survival play alongside it. If you do know of a way to do it, feel free to share it on the discord server of the Datapack Center or on Minecraft Datapacks ^^
Also, as I said in the previous post, this project is on hold for the time being, with no date of resuming '^^

Tony2016

so i found a bug , when you type function seasons options and click on set current day in spring , the time is wrong . says 288000 days , and the other says 10 , 11 and 12 days .....

Le Codex

so i found a bug , when you type function seasons options and click on set current day in spring , the time is wrong . says 288000 days , and the other says 10 , 11 and 12 days .....
This isn't days, it's ticks. It may be an inconstitency but the code will work, it's just a visual thing, don't worry about it ^^

Alexis

I had to modify the pack.mcmeta for it to be detected by 1.16. I'll have to let you know if anything is broken in 1.16 for future updates.

Edit: I'm unable to craft using the crafting grid. The items just get deleted. Also, the thermometer seems to not do anything, even when in an item frame.

A suggestion I do have is to have the thermometer and calendar be able to send out a redstone signal depending on the values. The simplest way to achieve this is to rotate the item in the item frame it's in. Also, if the crafting grid being broken is an intentional feature, I request that it doesn't delete your items and that an option in the options menu is added to allow crafting. Given that crafting tables aren't naturally obtainable other than crafting (afaik), I don't believe that's an intended feature.

Edit 2: I recommend putting an additional check to make sure "weatherMarker" is an armor stand. While the name isn't taken according to NameMC, if for some reason that does happen, it would have hilarious consequences.

Last edited:

Le Codex

I had to modify the pack.mcmeta for it to be detected by 1.16. I'll have to let you know if anything is broken in 1.16 for future updates.

Edit: I'm unable to craft using the crafting grid. The items just get deleted. Also, the thermometer seems to not do anything, even when in an item frame.

A suggestion I do have is to have the thermometer and calendar be able to send out a redstone signal depending on the values. The simplest way to achieve this is to rotate the item in the item frame it's in. Also, if the crafting grid being broken is an intentional feature, I request that it doesn't delete your items and that an option in the options menu is added to allow crafting. Given that crafting tables aren't naturally obtainable other than crafting (afaik), I don't believe that's an intended feature.

Edit 2: I recommend putting an additional check to make sure "weatherMarker" is an armor stand. While the name isn't taken according to NameMC, if for some reason that does happen, it would have hilarious consequences.
Lots to unpack!
1) I didn't have that pack.mcmeta problem personally, that's weird
2) The thermometer only shows you your temperature while you hold it. The redstone thing is kind of ambiguous, what do you base it off? Seasons? And what do you mean by not being able to craft the crafting grid?
3) It's an AEC, but maybe, although as you said it could be fun ^^

Le Codex

Le Codex updated Seasons with a new update entry:

[1.2.6] Snapshot Fix

This update will allow the datapack to run correctly on the latest 1.16 snapshot, as well as fix a few bugs that were still present
  • Fixed crafting grid being cleared
  • Fixed snow particles coming through the roof
  • Fixed biome recognition with changes to the Nether biomes
  • Fixed temperature
  • Fixed wetness being applied to all players
  • Fixed Spring weather
  • Reduced flower blooming rate and thunder frequency during Summer
Do note that no compatibility has yet been...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Le Codex

Le Codex updated Seasons with a new update entry:

[2.0] A Cool Place Update (Full 1.16 Update)

I know, I'm late. I dropped off Minecraft for quite a long time and I had to regain my interest in the game before going back into this old project.

THIS UPDATE MAKES THE DATAPACK COMPLETELY UNCOMPATIBLE WITH ANY VERSIONS PRIOR TO 1.16. THIS IS WHY IT'S THE 2.0 VERSION. NO BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY DUE TO THE NEW BLOCKS AND BIOMES.

Changelog:
  • Added biome support for the new Nether:
    • All biomes are dry except the [COLOR=rgb(61, 142...[/LIST]