Austin's RPG Classes

Data Pack Austin's RPG Classes 2e Patch 5

thisisnotaustin

thisisnotaustin updated Austin's RPG Classes with a new update entry:

Official Discord Server!

People asked me to make a Discord, so I did! Come join it if you want. Talk about the data pack, post pics of your Minecraft world, send in suggestions, or do whatever else.

Read the rest of this update entry...

thisisnotaustin

[2e Patch 5] Swashbuckler Fix and 3e News

2e Patch 5 fixes a very simple glitch involving Swashbucklers not getting their swimming buff when resurfacing in caves.

In other news, I'm going to start working on 3e soon! That means new classes and updates to existing ones, as well as possibly other features. If you have suggestions for what should be in it, come to the official Discord server and share them.

thisisnotaustin

[3e Development] New Classes Poll

3e is in development! That means, among other things, more classes. I've got quite a few ideas for new classes, but I can't devote time to putting them all in, so you guys get to pick and choose. These ideas are very loose so far, so things like powers and names could easily change, perhaps even with your input.

Until then, you have the option to vote between these four classes. At least two will be added.

Class A (The Copycat)
Category:
Performance...

thisisnotaustin

[3e Development] New Acrobatics

It's been a while since the last development update, so let's talk about the additions to Acrobats in 3e!

As you may know, Acrobats get Speed I simply from sprinting. Not a bad deal. But Swashbucklers and Sorcerers both get Speed as well! So it's about time Acrobats got a speed boost. When sprinting for about a second, Acrobats' Speed gets upgraded to Speed II. Additionally, during this "running start", their Jump Boost is also upgraded to Jump Boost III. With that speed and height, you can...

thisisnotaustin

[3e Development] More Druid rituals!

The roster of Druid rituals in 2e was kind of sparse. This has been remedied in the upcoming addition! So far, the list of rituals has increased from 5 to 8, with plans to add a couple more before release.

Before we get into the new rituals, though, I fixed the Harvest Crops ritual. Now you can actually use it.

Now onto the new stuff. Ever tragically lose the vibrant colors of your coral to dehydration? The Druids have you covered. Sneaking while standing in a coral or coral fan or while...

thisisnotaustin

I have done all of this
Oh, other players. My bad, I must have misread. Players aren't included in the list of entities that can be backstabbed. I can't remember if this was intentional on my part or if they were left out on accident. If you would like, you can add "minecraft:player" to the list at data\ab_classes\tags\entity_types\sneak_attack.json in the data pack directory. When you modify the list, make sure each line has a comma after it except the last one ("minecraft:villager" by default), otherwise it won't work.

I'll look into it myself and see if they should be officially added in the next update. The only reason I can imagine they weren't included is if the Rogue trying to actually do the sneak attack is somehow detecting themselves and interrupting the attack, but I very well may have just forgotten. Also, sorry for the delayed response. If you ever need something from me and you don't get a timely response through this website, you can contact me through Discord and except a quicker reply.

nikitamonitor

Oh, other players. My bad, I must have misread. Players aren't included in the list of entities that can be backstabbed. I can't remember if this was intentional on my part or if they were left out on accident. If you would like, you can add "minecraft:player" to the list at data\ab_classes\tags\entity_types\sneak_attack.json in the data pack directory. When you modify the list, make sure each line has a comma after it except the last one ("minecraft:villager" by default), otherwise it won't work.

I'll look into it myself and see if they should be officially added in the next update. The only reason I can imagine they weren't included is if the Rogue trying to actually do the sneak attack is somehow detecting themselves and interrupting the attack, but I very well may have just forgotten. Also, sorry for the delayed response. If you ever need something from me and you don't get a timely response through this website, you can contact me through Discord and except a quicker reply.
ty, did u think about party sistem? With this sistem players will not able to damage partymembers, and some things like Wizard's regen will able to damage players (not partymembers).

thisisnotaustin

ty, did u think about party sistem? With this sistem players will not able to damage partymembers, and some things like Wizard's regen will able to damage players (not partymembers).
It's a good idea, but I think with Minecraft's built-in teams system it should be able to be easily set up by admins. Also, the Regen spell simply summons a lingering cloud of healing. There's no way I'd be able to make it distinguish between different kinds of entities without a lot of extra background work. I appreciate the idea though

nikitamonitor

It's a good idea, but I think with Minecraft's built-in teams system it should be able to be easily set up by admins. Also, the Regen spell simply summons a lingering cloud of healing. There's no way I'd be able to make it distinguish between different kinds of entities without a lot of extra background work. I appreciate the idea though
ok, ty 4 reply