Massive performance improvements have been made this update. And when I say massive, I mean it!
Undermagic should now be much more viable for usage on large multiplayer servers without worry of lag.
Thanks for using Undermagic!
I have a lot more planned for this pack that you haven't seen yet.
My plans going forward are as follows:
- Add magic weapons throughout the entire progression, and an Abyss armor for them.
- Add weapons for each class made from Shadesull's drops and Abyss Shards.
- Add familiars, beginning with an Ender Wyrmling familiar as the Ender Dragon's Infernal drop.
- Add Shadesull's Lunatic drop: the Phyclactery.
- Add firearms from mid-game onwards and allow Abyss Ranger armor to boost them.
- Add the Recall Wheel, Emergency Recall Wheel and Enhanced Recall Wheel, additions to the Teleportation system that allow multiple Recall Locator Cards to be stored in a single item and used.
- Add the final boss.
Undermagic's endgame has been expanded!
- Added the Abyss
- New nether biome, spawned with a Crown of Ruin recieved after defeating all 5 progression bosses.
- Spawns Voidlings, which drop Abyss Shards.
- New class armors
- Abyss Knight armor is the most protective armor in Undermagic, and also provides boosts to melee combat.
- Abyss Ranger armor provides boosts to ranged combat and has stealth abilities.
- New endgame boss: Shadesull
- Extremely hard bullet hell boss. You will need to be extremely prepared to beat it.
- No Lunatic drop just yet - wait for the next update!
- Original boss music, composed by yours truly, for 2 of the bosses: Pit Lord and Shadesull (p1 and p2)
- Demon King's Inferno: Theme of Pit Lord
- In the Chamber of Madness: Theme of Shadesull (Phase 1)
- Reign of the Corrupt: Theme of Shadesull (Phase 2)
- New difficulty: Infernal!
- Infernal difficulty is even harder than Lunatic, and has additional changes that completely revamp the boss fights.
- New mob: Ender Wyrmlings!
- Ender Wyrmlings spawn in small amounts throughout the End after the dragon is defeated. They also guard the ender crystals on Lunatic difficulty, and spawn in swarms on Infernal.
- The Ender Dragon now drops Dragon Scales, which can be used to make armor alongside a bit of Dragon Breath. Dragon-Scale armor grants functioning wings!
Many changes have been made:
- Updated to Minecraft 1.15. The pack is NOT backwards compatible anymore. Use an older version (Beta 18 or prior) if you wish to continue playing on 1.14.
- Added new mobs:
- Shadebeasts spawn at night rarely in the Overworld, and in large quantities at Shadow Rifts in the Nether. They attack from the shadows, blinding players and teleporting around.
- The Shadebeast Alpha is a miniboss that spawns when you kill several Shadebeasts. It is a much stronger Shadebeast that can also fire dark orbs.
- Salamanders spawn in the Nether near magma. They chase players and vomit fireballs. Baby Zombie Pigmen can also rarely spawn as Salamander Riders.
- Added advancements for all three progression trees!
- Added Teleporters and related objects: Locator Cards, Bound Locator Cards, and Recall Locator Cards. See the updated guide doc for details.
The magnificent, massive Undermagic Beta 18 has arrived!
The changelog is huge. I have made a separate google doc for it:
Undermagic Beta 18 Changelog
Thank you for playing Undermagic. I hope you enjoy the update.
Please do not hesitate to report bugs or make suggestions in my Discord server. Your feedback helps me improve my pack for you to enjoy.
A couple changes:
- In the recipe for the Demon Portal Stabilizer, a Nether Star may now be used in place of a Demon Heart Stone.
- The Blood Amalgam now has a minion cap: 8 on vanilla difficulties, 10 on Lunatic. Past this, no more minions will spawn.
Tweaks to bosses and more:
- Prismarine shards, nether stars, Pit Lord's Hearts, and Crystallized Blood Essence can now fuel a Blood Chalice.
- The boss drops provide greatly increased blood over normal drops (100 per star, 200 per heart, 10 per essence).
- Pit Lord's range at which it teleports you to it has been slightly increased only on vanilla difficulties. It remains the same on Lunatic. Additionally, on vanilla difficulties, it takes 1 second longer to teleport you, giving you enough warning to put up a shield or charge a bow.
- Blood Amalgam cannot stray too far away from a Blood Chalice. Its nodules teleport to it if they get too far away.
- On Lunatic difficulty, the Blood Amalgam forces you to remain close to it. If you leave the fight, it teleports you back. This teleportation is instant, unlike the Pit Lord's flame grasp.
- On Lunatic difficulty, the Wither prevents you from getting too far away. If you leave the fight, it teleports you back. This teleportation is instant, unlike the Pit Lord's flame grasp.
- Note that the Wither's teleport range is much larger than the Blood Amalgam's.