- This project is
- 60% Complete
- Minecraft Version(s)
(It was created to be multiplayer friendly, but no tests were made, so if bugs were found, please report them here)
1. Download the datapack above;
2. Unzip/Extract the .zip file and drop its content inside your '.minecraft/saves/<world>/datapacks' folder;
3. In your world chat, with cheats on, type /reload;
4. Now 'Seasonal Calendar' is installed in your world! Left-click the text [SETTINGS] in the chat or type /function calendar:settings to open the datapack settings!
Seasonal Calendar is a datapack that adds a sense of time for minecraft. It's a functional, simple and optimized system that shows what time is it, including year seasons(Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter), with their own aspects and game mechanics that aggregate the survival minecraft.
- See the hours with a time counting system in a 12 hours format(AM/PM);
- Weekdays and weekends;
- Four seasons with 28 days each;
- A digital clock format above hotbar showing the current hour with minutes, day of the week(from monday to sunday) and day of the season(from 1st to 28th);
- An announcement displaying the current weekday, season day, current season and weather forecast every morning when a new day begins;
- A new weather system that is generated randomnly everyday depending on the current season(Summers are rainier and stormier, Winters are drier, Autumn and Spring are intermediaries!):
- Sunny: No rain foreseen but a sun shining all day!
- Momentary Rainy: A momentary rain that happens at some time of day and ends after a few hours;
- Rainy All Day: Prepare your umbrellas, rain foreseen all day long!
- Momentary Stormy: A momentary thunderstorm that happens at some time of day and ends after a few hours;
- Stormy All Day: Be careful, rain with dangerous lightnings are foreseen!
- An in-chat datapack settings screen, there are global settings and personal settings, where you can set:
- Personal Settings:
- Display method: When the hours will be displayed above hotbar (Always, Clock in Inventory, Clock in Mainhand and Disabled);
- Day Annoucement: Whether the new day is announced every morning;
- Global Settings:
- Weather Generation: Whether wheather should be generated with the new weather system or with the vanilla way;
- Reset Calendar: It will reset the calendar to the start (Spring, 1st);
- Uninstall Datapack: Auto-uninstall when needed;
- Personal Settings:
PLANNED FUTURE MECHANICS:
- More settings;
- New types of weather (Spring Pollen, Autumn Winds, Winter Frosts...);
- Natural disasters (Tornadoes, Earthquakes, Sun Storms...);
- Holidays (Christmas, Halloween, Easter...)
- Seasons Interactions and Interferences with the Vanilla gameplay;
Personal Settings, letting players have their own preferences; Rains last during a few hours at a specific time of the day instead of all day long;
Leave a comment if you have any improvement or idea for this datapack!