This version of Mechanization is not compatible with previous versions. Breaking and replacing blocks won't work this time. The best you can do is place everything in a chest and manually refund the items with loot give @s loot mechanization: after updating. While this update does not add much new content, nearly every line of code is being updated to modern standards so Mech can work with the new embedded library system which should make Mech easier to maintain moving forward.
Mechanization: Compat makes a return with the following features:
- Update to MC 1.19.X
- Removes Datapack Utils as a dependency, instead using new embedded libraries. You no longer need to download a separate datapack to play Mech.
- Most machines now have redstone control. It's "always on" by default, but can be toggled to "redstone power to activate" and "redstone power to deactivate" using a multimeter
- Added the GPS, which now has the ability to save block locations like the multimeter previously did
- Significantly buffed the durability of rods/plates/gears used as upgrades, and added unbreaking modifiers to help even more
- Rebalanced EPAC upgrades
- Added Sonic Barrel: unleash the power of Echo Shards on your enemies
- Updated Models, Sounds, and bug fixes
This update does not include Mechanization: Nuclear. I have decided to exclude it from the update while I work on giving it a badly needed overhaul.
- SimplEnergy: Simplunium can be processed by Mech machines, and can be used to create rods, plates, and gears to upgrade equipment
- Florcraft: essence alloys can be used to create rods, plates, and gears to upgrade equipment, giving Florcraft based abilities
- Various datapacks have compat with Pneumatic Tubing, including SimplEnergy, Stardust Fragment, The Creeper's Code, and Dinos and Dodos
- Various datapacks' custom music discs have compat with the Auto Jukebox, including The Creeper's Code, Ocean Additions, and Manic
Updated to 1.18
Added energy cables in 3 tiers: copper, conductive, and super conductive.
Added Muffler: get a good earful of that silence
Removed Capacitors - they seem to cause confusion, and they didn't fit with cables very well.
Removed Quantum Battery - will try to readd at some point, but will require a major refactor to work with cables
Liquid Pipes now oxidize over time like copper blocks. Currently, they can not be waxed and breaking a pipes reverts it to an unoxidized state.
Energy Relays have been massively simplified. They now have 2 modes, 'send' and 'receive', and only transfer power between relays.
Multimeter now stores a block's coords on shift+right click, instead of changing a machine's grid id (which is no longer a needed).
Teleporters now send you directly to a saved location set by the multimeter instead of to another teleporter
Experimental compatibility with Energy Flux (Simple Energy)
Compatibility adjustments for Smithed
Existing Liquids Pipes and Pneumatic Tubes will need to be broken and replaced.
When placed or broken Capacitors and Quantum Batteries will transform into equivalent batteries.
Updated Chinese Translations curtesy of MineCommanderCN
Added Glass Panes as valid items to the Dye Machine
Liquid Accumulator can now collect Mushroom Stew from Mooshrooms
Liquid Accumulator can now collect XP orbs on the ground
Fixed the Jetpack now working when installed in Modular Armor
Fixed some incorrect Arc Furnace recipes
Fixed Thermoelectric Generator tank input function
Fixed Drill not working through some non-solid blocks
Fixed Ender Hopper not working
Fixed Unlimited Storage Unit not working
Fixed Machines attempting to start an operation without having enough power, causing an infinite loop
Fixed Dimensional Generator causing a crash on spigot servers
Fixed Quarry uses x2 the intended power (if you are using the config, this requires an update)
Fixed Quantum Batteries not working
Fixed Lava casting into Obsidian being too cheap
Fixed Liquid Experience not being castable into rods, plates, and gears
Fixed Obsidian Rods having the Poison effects instead of the intended Fire Aspect
Fixed Fission Reactors not working
Fixed raw gold and copper blocks melting into liquid iron
Fixed Thermoelectric Generator bugging out when liquid is pumped into it from pipes
Fixed pipes not connecting to machines
Fixed a broken assembly module
Fixed Mob Grinder (will need to be broken and replaced)
Fixed Liquid Accumulator duping buckets
Fixed liquids sometimes getting duplicated at junctions
Fixed Tree Feller model getting left behind when broken
Fixed adding liquids to a tank via GUI deleting the item in the first slot (fixes shift clicking items into the Steam Generator getting deleted)
Fixed wrong Thermoelectric Generator recipe when pinned in the manual
Fixed ore advancements requiring ore blocks instead of raw ore
- Added a warning message if Mech is loaded on a Realms.
- Fixed an issue with the Tinker Table
- Fixed Fission Reactor never exploding
- Fixed Alloy Furnace never turning off
- Fixed some errors in the manual
- Added some global.ignore tags
- Other fixes
The largest™ update ever to Mechanization has arrived! Featuring new progression, an expanded early game, a completely rework Gadgets module, and a bunch of cool new automation options!
- Entirely new manual, with better graphics, layouts, and usability
- Reworked Energy Storage mechanics, including new Capacitors
- Completely removed all use of 'stacked crafting' by adding new Rods, Plates, and Gears as crafting items
- Added Liquid Support! Including Pipes, Tanks, and a bunch of new machines to interact with liquids.
- Added Liquid Pipes: awesome looking blocks that automatically move liquids between machines
- Added Vial: a special 'bucket' that can hold gasses, and can hold any amount of a liquid (can hold 0.1 buckets instead of exactly 1 bucket)
- Added 3 tier of Liquid Tanks that can progressively higher amounts and more types of liquids
- Added Arc Furnace, for melting resources into molten forms
- Added Casting Basin, for converting molten resources back into ingots, blocks, gears, etc.
- Added Liquid Accumulator for automatically collecting liquids from the world, cauldrons, and entities
- Added Thermoelectric Generator: generates power by mixing hot and cold liquids
- New Lightning Generator produces infinite power from lightning
- New Electric Lamp that produces light at double the distance of glowstone
- New (patent pending) Extreme Plasma Annihilator Cannon (EPAC) for obliterating your enemies- now with shotgun support
- New Energy Saber, with is definitely not a copyrighted object
- New Drill: a powerful multitool that can mine almost any block
- New Pneumatic Tubing, for all your item relocation needs
Alloy Furnace Changes:
Auto Fisher Changes:
- Ender Upgrade uses 10% less resources to produce Tier 2 alloys
- Nether Upgrade uses 10% less resources to produce Tier 3 alloys
Mob Grinder Changes:
- Now works in a 5x5 block of water with 5 water blocks missing by default without the Machine Upgrade
- Machine Upgrade now enables treasure drops
Auto Farm Changes:
- Machine Upgrade now collects some XP and gives it to nearby players or stores it in an XP tank- left over XP is wasted
- Ender Upgrade now enables player drops
- Nether Upgrade makes plants have double drops, but decreases range to 3x3
Energy can now be drawn from your offhand
- To cement Netherite as the best resource, regular Titanium Tools only get 4 upgrades while Titanium-Netherite tools get 5
- Axes can use weapon upgrades
- Smash upgrade works on many more blocks and now drops the mined blocks
- Added Immersive Cooking support to the Auto Eater
- Fixed Vampiric Upgrade not working
- Fixed Slowfall drawing power while on the ground in some situations
- Fixed Titanium-Netherite Tool upgrades not working
Added Titanium Elytra
Fixed charging station data-backup system being broken
Updated to DU 2.2.1c
Fixed health & knockback resistance upgrade
Rebalanced plasma weapons against new damage system
Fixed several issues with item transmitters- they should be much more consistent now
Alloy furnace gives an error if a T3 recipe is used without a machine upgrade
Fixed a bug preventing teleporters from working